- No more McDonald’s.
- Facebook only TWICE a day.
- Daily breakfast in the morning.
- Daily shower in the morning.
- Sleeping before 1AM.
- Waking up before 8AM.
- Less procrastination.
- Less outrageous purchases at Chapters/thrift shops.
- Save money for that Macbook you’ve always wanted.
- Say “No” to unnecessary hangouts.
37 days into the year of the twenty ten and things are going rather well. Valentine’s day is coming up and the club I DJ at has a ‘Valentine’s Day Sucks’ party to commemorate the day. And get this, there are 10 prizes for “a romantic dinner for one”. Funny. Hopefully I get to DJ it and pull out “Kelis – Caught Out There” of the hat. Classic anti-lover’s day jam.
What is love anyway?
Ok so I found this on the Internet, accompanied by a play-by-play review of the Americans who ate this thing. I applaud their bravery. I however think they cooked the duck eggs at the wrong time though. I don’t think you usually eat the egg this far into it’s growth stage. Yes, you eat it.
Do you know what you’re staring at? Balut (not safe if you’re squeamish, but if you’ve already read up to here then I applaud your bravery). Filipinos love this. Most of them.
I haven’t had it in ages. I actually went to back to the Philippines in July this year for 2 weeks. BUT I FORGOT TO GET IT. And now that I’ll be in Canada until next June or July, I doubt I’ll be getting any soon. Balut that is.
I know the thought of eating it is disgusting, but it does taste like 25 eggs packed into one. And since it’s high in cholesterol, eating 5-6 at a time is not advisable. My uncle told me that when he was younger he would eat 5-6 at a time and then sometimes pass out.
If you know how to hook me up with it, lemme’ know.
- I’m planning to start a small poster-making business with my classmate/friend Jei (also a balut-eater, last time I checked). I was thinking of calling the company ‘J & Jei‘. Sounds pretty catchy.
- Also, I’m hoping to return to the radio waves next year on UNBSJ (my old campus) and UNBF (my current campus) radio with a weekly show that’ll be podcasted on a sister blog linked to here. I’m wondering what to call the new radio show.
- Electric Picnic (kinda a play on the old show; Eclectic Electric. Amilyn doesn’t really like it. Not that I’m seeking her approval or anything. Actually I am. ALL THE TIME. Haha),
- Making Moves (sounds like I’m a womanizer),
- In the winter break of December I’m probably going to be working full time for 2 weeks, and I’ll be away to Saint John to spend time with extended family and my ‘cousins’ Phil and Odin. Haha.
- I want to buy a new camera!
OK gotta get back to my 7-hour study mode. Cheers!!!
HAHA. Nikki you’re too funny, much too funny…
But after talking to you I realized one thing: I don’t blog personal. Ok so if you look at the last post with me talking about missing my Mom and Dad… that’s all you’re getting out of me.
The reason I don’t blog personal is because I don’t talk personal either. Sure I like feelings. Sure I’ll cry at a friend’s funeral. But I like/want YOUR feelings. I don’t want to share mine with you. Feelings. Hate that word. Ok maybe ‘hate’ is abrasive. Feelings. Come to think of it I do share my feelings with you. But just ‘tip-of-the-iceberg’ feelings. I realize that this may offend people I’ve met, am meeting now, and am going to meet.
Joshua’s Mid-October Update
- I sent over 1000 texts (because I have unlimited texting) and one letter in the last month.
- I met 4 Filipinos in Fredericton. Jei, Melisa, Jerome, And Earl. And yet again I am the youngest among them.
- WTH it’s already October.
- I recently went swimming with Fadia and I’m completely out of shape. I didn’t gain a tubby belly. But I did lose stamina. So I propose a 3-times-a-week swimming routine. Now I have to invest in proper swimming shorts, which means spending, from my shallow pocket.
- There are over 35,000+ airmiles in my Aeroplan account. With that I can fly from HongKong to Singapore. Return. Worth it? Well I’ll blog about it in a few days.
- I brought back Milo with me to Canada, fyi.
- Elections in the US are coming up. And who do I care about? Obama.
- Number of years I’ve spent in Canada: 2 and a near half.
Number of years till I move to HongKong/New York/Singapore/England/Philippines/Miami for further education/marriage: 5-7.
This is a big personal joke though. But people say that even if you joke, you mean it. I really mean this. As a joke.
My perception of time. Tada gone!
I normally expect the sun to go down at 6pm. But it’s different here. In the summertime the sun leaves the sky pretty late. Like 8pm onwards.
It’s been tiring so far.
I’ve been trying to figure out how to spend my hard-earned money from working in Brunei on some technology necessities.
I plan to buy the following within the following week:
Phone plan with Rogers
What I need it for: So that future clients can call, so that my parents can get a hold of me even if I’m out being a good child and for friends to keep tabs on me so that they can introduce me to new clients =P
How much it costs: Registering costs $6 something. The plan costs $20 a month. For additional features like Caller ID – which I think should be free – costs $11. After simple math, it comes to $37.
500GB Hard-Disk Drive
What I need it for: Keeping master files of poster productions, as well as pictures, and my ever increasing music selections!
How much it costs: After a discussion with tech-god and most-of-the-friend Kevin Loh I’ve banking between getting an external HDD, or an internal one with housing (which is sometimes the cheaper option). Will keep you all updated. Right now my budget is $150. Impossible to find? Not exactly. I saw one just now on Future Shop. Will possibly be getting it Friday afternoon, if the price doesn’t suddenly spike overnight!
What I need it for: After handing down my Sony headphones and Creative mp3 player (which I’ve had for over 2 years now), I definitely want to buy a fresh pair of good quality headphones. If i bought the exact same one I had last time, it’d cost $17. But if I were to get one of the following from WESC…
…then yum. Looks quite outlandish, but I’m kinda’ bored with plain Jane black headsets.
What it costs: $55. Tax and shipping could push it up to about $80.
And if there’s space in the budget… more RAM!
Why I need it: I’ve no intention of buying a new laptop anytime soon within the next year or two. But my client and sometime-mentor Matt mentioned that I should just add more RAM so that my laptop can “fly” (that’s the exact word he used). I want my laptop to “fly”, since I’ll be working with posters in Photoshop! And DJ mixes too. And possibly video in the near future.
What it costs: Had to talk to brainiac Kevin Loh yet again for consultation of proper RAM for my laptop. I will have to do more research in the coming week…
So yea. That’s what’s going on with me right now while I’m here back in SJ. Have many things to do which are school-related.
The pics and story from HongKong are still in draft mode but I’ll get back on it tomorrow and will publish it soon.
Plus… I think I’ve fallen quite sick to the jetlag.