Ok so I found this on the Internet, accompanied by a play-by-play review of the Americans who ate this thing. I applaud their bravery. I however think they cooked the duck eggs at the wrong time though. I don’t think you usually eat the egg this far into it’s growth stage. Yes, you eat it.
Do you know what you’re staring at? Balut (not safe if you’re squeamish, but if you’ve already read up to here then I applaud your bravery). Filipinos love this. Most of them.
I haven’t had it in ages. I actually went to back to the Philippines in July this year for 2 weeks. BUT I FORGOT TO GET IT. And now that I’ll be in Canada until next June or July, I doubt I’ll be getting any soon. Balut that is.
I know the thought of eating it is disgusting, but it does taste like 25 eggs packed into one. And since it’s high in cholesterol, eating 5-6 at a time is not advisable. My uncle told me that when he was younger he would eat 5-6 at a time and then sometimes pass out.
If you know how to hook me up with it, lemme’ know.
- I’m planning to start a small poster-making business with my classmate/friend Jei (also a balut-eater, last time I checked). I was thinking of calling the company ‘J & Jei‘. Sounds pretty catchy.
- Also, I’m hoping to return to the radio waves next year on UNBSJ (my old campus) and UNBF (my current campus) radio with a weekly show that’ll be podcasted on a sister blog linked to here. I’m wondering what to call the new radio show.
- Electric Picnic (kinda a play on the old show; Eclectic Electric. Amilyn doesn’t really like it. Not that I’m seeking her approval or anything. Actually I am. ALL THE TIME. Haha),
- Making Moves (sounds like I’m a womanizer),
- In the winter break of December I’m probably going to be working full time for 2 weeks, and I’ll be away to Saint John to spend time with extended family and my ‘cousins’ Phil and Odin. Haha.
- I want to buy a new camera!
OK gotta get back to my 7-hour study mode. Cheers!!!